Tuesday, November 28, 2006

On the Road to Woodstock - part 26

Chapter 26

The sound of footsteps coming down the aisle from the front of the bus gave me just enough time to pull my hand from beneath Sherry's sweater before a guy came to use the restroom. He went in and pulled the door shut behind him

Sherry giggled a little. "I was enjoying that."

"Me, too." I smiled at her.

We looked at each other for a few moments, and then she got a curious grin on her face. "How old are you?"

"Fourteen," I told her reluctantly.

"Wow, I thought you were older than that." She seemed thoughtful, and then she smiled slyly. "Can I ask you something personal?"

"Yeah, I guess." I winced inwardly.

"Are you a virgin?"

I swallowed hard. "Yeah."

"I thought so." She seemed pleased with herself. "I'd like to be your first." I looked at her with surprise. "I want it to be special." She touched my hand. "I lost my virginity in the backseat of a car. It wasn't really pleasant at all. I did it mostly just to get it out of the way. I want your first time to be special." She paused a moment. "Romantic, you know...?" She got a faraway look in her eyes, and then her attention returned to me. "Where do you live?"

"Arlington."

" I have a car. Can I come visit? We can take a drive."

"Yeah," I said. "Anytime."

"I'm seventeen in case you were wondering."

I had been but was afraid to ask. "Are you still in school?"

"Yeah, and I hate it. Thank God this is my last year." She tilted her head back and closed her eyes. "What grade are you in?"

"Ninth."

"Ninth grade... Jesus... " She looked at me. "You're so young." She must've seen the hurt come over my face. "I didn't mean it like that. You seem a lot older, that's all, and I keep forgetting. You know, you're so much cooler than most guys I know, at least the ones in school. They can be such assholes."

I looked into her eyes, and she returned my gaze. I said to her, "You have pretty eyes."

"You're sweet." She kissed me on my forehead. "Where were we, anyway?" The guy that used the bathroom had just left, and Sherry and I began making out again. After some time I got up the nerve to feel her breasts again, and from her soft moans she seemed to be enjoying it.

Time always goes too fast when you're enjoying what you're doing, and so it was with the bus ride home for we soon began stopping for lights, a sign we were getting close to the city. Before long, we pulled up in front of the boutique in Falls Church where we had left four days ago. It felt like so much longer than that.

Everyone disembarked from the bus, and John and I helped Sherry and Linda get their stuff to their car. It was an old station wagon, and Sherry proudly claimed it as hers. Once they were packed up, John and Linda started making out, and at first I just stood there looking at Sherry until she grabbed my hand and pulled me close. Then we embraced in a long sensual kiss.

At first I was worried that my dad would be in a hurry to get going, but then I realized that he was most likely pretty glad that I was with a girl his being a lady's man and that he wouldn't mind my taking as long as I wished.

Sherry and I were still going at it when John tapped me on the shoulder and said, "We better get going. You know your dad." I was surprised at John being concerned about anybody, especially my dad, but I unwrapped my arms from Sherry and told her we had to go.

"Wait," she said. "Let me get your number." She opened the car door and reaching inside the glove box came out with a fine-tipped felt marker. "Okay, go ahead." I told her my number, and she wrote it down on the palm of her hand. "Can I call you tomorrow?"

"Yeah, sure."

She gave me another kiss and said, "Goodnight."

"Goodnight." I watched her get into the driver's side of the car and waited until she got it started. Both Sherry and Linda waved goodbye, and then they pulled off.


By the time John and I got to the bus most everyone was gone save for a few stragglers, and my dad was sitting in one of the front passenger seats smoking a cigarette. He looked relaxed. John and I got back on and took a seat far enough back to where we could talk in private. Soon I heard the clacking of the diesel engine starting and the chushhhh of the air brakes being released, and then we were headed home to Arlington.

"So did you fuck Sherry?" John looked at me with glee as if he were anticipating hearing juicy details.

"No," I said firmly. Sometimes John went too far. I waited a minute to cool off, and then said, "I felt her up, though." I looked at him with a big smile on my face.

"Cool, man." He was quiet for a few moments. "You're probably smart. Once you fuck them, they fall in love with you."

He made it sound like a bad thing. In my mind, sex and love should go together. I'd never experienced either, but it just seemed as if it were the natural order of things. They called it making love, didn't they? But hell, what did I know?

My dad parked on 31st Street a block from where South Fox jutted down to a dead-end.
He shut down the bus, and he followed John and I off and then pushed the big door shut with a solid thump. We walked together in silence to Fox Street where both our families lived. I grew up there, and when I was eleven John's family moved from DC into the house across the street.

"Goodnight, John," my dad called to my cousin as he went to his side of the street.

My dad and I walked to our house, and he opened the door, and we stepped inside.

"Well, did you have a good time?" My dad smiled at me, and I could tell he was glad to have me back safely.

"Yeah, pretty good."

"Looks like you found a girlfriend."

I looked down and blushed.

My dad put his hand on my shoulder. "You look tired. Why don't you go on and go to bed."

I turned, and started to head up the stairs.

"You're going to work tomorrow, aren't you?"

I hadn't really planned on it, but I said, "Yeah."

I ran up the stairs as quickly as my tired legs would carry me, went to the bathroom and then opened the door to the bedroom that I shared with my younger brother. He was asleep, and after closing the door I pulled off my sweaty boots and dirty clothes and slipped underneath the covers. I never thought it could feel so good to get into my bed. Compared to my sleeping on the ground for three days I felt as if I were on a cushion of air.

My mind was redlining thinking about Sherry and the sex thing and all, and I thought I would be up all night with anticipation, but sleep came quickly as did the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter