Tuesday, June 27, 2006

On the Road to Woodstock -part seventeen

We were all sitting next to the tent waiting quietly to get off on the acid we took. I had nothing to say; I was too intent for my trip to come on. I imagined everyone else felt the same way.

After what seemed like forever, the sun started to set, and I was beginning to worry that the acid wasn't any good or that half a tab was not enough to get off on when I noticed that the colors of everything had started to turn bright and neon-like.

I looked at John, and he was smiling, and I could tell that he was getting off, too. "Pretty colors," I said to him.

"Pretty colors," he answered back.

I looked at Linda and Sherry with this big grin that I could not get off my face. Linda gave me a Cheshire cat grin back, and her teeth glowed a bright white. Sherry was waiting her hand about in front of her face, and I knew she was seeing trails for I saw them, too.

Patterns of all different shapes and colors began to form in the air around me. I felt a heightened sense of sensation throughout my body. The tent was glowing a Day-Glo-green, and the sky was the deepest blue I'd ever seen.

I looked at John, and he smiled at me, and I felt as if I could read his thoughts. This is good shit, he seemed to say to me without moving his lips. "Yeah, it is good shit," I said to him.

"Oh, wow," John said, "I was just thinking that."

"I know," I told him. "I could hear you thinking."

"No shit?" John asked me.

"It sure seemed like it," I answered. "See if you can hear what I'm thinking now."

John looked at me intently for a moment. "Pretty colors," he said.

"Yeah, cool, huh?" I had really been thinking "pretty colors," too. It really seemed as if we could tell what each other was thinking. We both looked over at the girls as if on cue.

They were looking into each other's eyes and talking back and forth, but I couldn't understand what they were saying. It was if they were speaking a foreign language. Then their speech became clear.

"Who do?" Linda asked.

"Voodoo," Sherry answered.

"No, you do," Linda said.

"No, you do," Sherry said back to her and burst out in a giggle.

Linda waved her hand through the air in front of Sherry's face. "That's so cool," Sherry said.

"Did you two get off?" John asked them. They looked at him, and they both started giggling together.

"I think so," Linda said. "What about you, Sherry?"

"Oh, yeah," Sherry answered, and then she looked up into the sky. "Oh, wow," she said.

The rest of us looked up, and I saw that the stars were coming out, and they appeared as brilliant pinpoints of white light. I had never seen so many stars.

Sherry leaned back onto the blanket and stared at the sky. It looked like the thing to do, so I leaned back, too. After a few moments, I noticed that John and Linda had lain back, as well.

The sky was beautiful. It had turned a deep purple that was fading into black. The stars blinked on and off in a pattern that I controlled with my mind.

"It's so cool," Sherry said, and I looked over at her, and her hair glowed golden. It seemed to be weaving itself in and out of different patterns, and I wanted to reach over and touch it.

"Yeah," John said.

"Yeah," I echoed.

"Let's all put our heads together in the middle of the blanket," Linda said.

"Yeah," Sherry said with enthusiasm.

"All right," John said.

"Okay," I said. It sounded like a cool idea to me.

We all rearranged ourselves on the blanket so that our heads touched as Linda suggested, and I positioned myself so that I was next to Sherry and that I could feel her head. We were arranged so that our four bodies formed a cross with our heads at the center. Sherry was on my right, and Linda was on my left so that I could feel both of their heads. John's body was directly opposite of mine, and I imagined he could feel both girls heads, as well. It was a pretty cool arrangement.

It was exciting for me to be touching Sherry even if it were only her head. We all lay there for several minutes or maybe longer--it was hard to tell-- in absolute silence. I had a melded experience of feeling Sherry's head and Linda's, too and that of watching the light show in the sky.

Against a backdrop of velvet black, the stars swam in a sea of colors. Lines long and narrow connected the stars and patterns formed and reformed in infinite hues that alternated between being geometric and organic. It was a living thing, and it communicated with me in a language that far out reached the boundaries of spoken tongues.

"Can you feel it?" Linda asked.

I assumed it was a question for all of us, and I answered, "Yeah."

"I can, too," Sherry said.

"Oh, yeah," John said.

"Let's all hold hands," Linda said.

It sounded like a good idea, but I was reluctant to reach out with my hands. It was my shyness. But little by little, I did stretch out my arms. It was Sherry's hand that touched me first, and it tingled as if an electric current ran through it. She grabbed hold of my hand and squeezed it, and I squeezed back.

The sky exploded in a million different colors and was dancing rhythmically, and I realized it danced to the beat of my heart. The touch of Sherry's hand seemed like that of an angel's, and I felt love flowing through it, and it excited me.

I felt Linda squeeze my other hand, and it felt soft and warm. I felt the flow of love, a motherly or sisterly love, and I felt comforted by it.

I felt whole. With the soothing and wholesome Linda on my left and the sensual and sexy Sherry on my right, I felt the balance of the universe for the first time in my life, and everything made sense. I was not afraid.

Holding softly Linda's hand in mine, I opened up the fingers of Sherry's hand and threaded my fingers through hers, and we both grasped our hands together tightly.

I closed my eyes, and the colored patterns of a thousand kaleidoscopes swirled and mixed together as if the inside of my eyelids were a gigantic movie screen projecting images of the heavens directly into my mind.

At the same time, Sherry and I made love with our hands. First in strong embrace, our fingers opened up, and we ran our fingertips over each other’s hand. It made me tingle all over, and I felt a sense of stimulation that was both loving and sexual.

At times I felt myself slide into an overwhelming sense of sensations received from Sherry, but then the gentle touch from Linda's hand always brought me back unscathed. I was in a cocoon riding on a rocket ship, and I felt protected and projected out of the atmosphere at the same time. And I was thrilled.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter